Pizza Corona (Crown Pizza)
It doesn't look like a pizza, but definitely the most creative and prettiest one we've ever seen! Making pizza is no longer boring in standard shape, surprise your friends and family with this spectacular homemade Pizza Corona!
4 cups (500g) flour
1 package (0.25 oz. or 2 1/4 teaspoons) dry yeast
2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup (100 ml) milk
Around 3/4 cup to 1 cup (175-200 ml) water
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1-3/4 cup (200 g) mozzarella
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine the flour, dry yeast, salt, milk, and half of the water in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine.
2. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
4. Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour.
5. Next, take the ball of dough and stretch it out on a working space. Mark a circle in the middle; careful not to cut the dough all the way through.
6. Use this as guide for placing the tomato sauce, mozzarella and other topping ingredients, just like in the images.
7. Take the knife again and gently cut slices (similar to cutting a regular pizza) but leave the outer rim of the circle intact.
8. Then, simply take the slice and place it over the bigger circle of dough, the one with the ingredients on it. Repeat the process for all the slices and you will obtain the crown shape of the pizza.
9. Allow it an hour to settle and afterwards bake it in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
See more at: http://www.goodshomedesign.com/pizza-corona/