How to make Striped Cake
This recipe gives you a beautiful vertical stripe inside the cake. It is absolutely an elegant cake! Recipe is in Spanish, but here I translated for you! Enjoy!
For a mold of 20 cm
130 g sugar
100 g flour
30 g cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
Ingredients for cookie dough: (I did 2 trays)
300 g sugar
300 g flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Ingredients for filling and decoration:
1 jar of Blueberry jam
400 g of milk cream
200 g Philadelphia
1. Beat the eggs (at room temperature) with sugar for at least 15 minutes, stir with a spatula and downward movements with the flour sifted with cocoa.
2. Grease and flour the cake and bake at 170 degrees for 40 minutes.
3. Prepare the dough for cookies: Beat the eggs with the sugar until they become fluffy (about 5 minutes), sift the flour with the baking powder and add two times for eggs, mixing with a spatula from bottom up until everything is perfectly integrated.
4. Cover the pan with foil in the oven, pour half of the mixture and level so that you have the same height.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 8-10 minutes, cooked remove the mass of the paper. (2 of them, have to do)
6. Now, prepare the filling: beat the cream, Philadelphia mix in a bowl until it is creamy and then fold in the cream.
7. Now assemble the cake: divide the cake in half and spread a bit of filling.
8. Cut into strips of approx. 7 cm of height of the cookie dough (for me served 5) and cover with marmalade, scroll to form a large 'giro' and place it in the base of the cake.
9. spread the other piece with filling and place as a top on the rotating part.
10. With the rest of the cream to cover entire cake and garnish to your taste!.
Preparation: It must be cold and then it can be cut.