Surprise! Having a nice natural zebra pattern inside your cake is not something hard to make!
1. Two bowls of batter:
- choose your favorite white or yellow cake recipe and then divide it in half– you can stir approx 3 tablespoons of dutch processed cocoa powder into one of your bowls of batter to create chocolate batter.
2. Drop 1/4 cup of vanilla batter into the middle 8″ pan. It will spread a little bit.
3. Drop 1/4 cup of chocolate batter and pour it in the center of your vanilla batter.
4. Repeat this process, continuing with 1/4 cup scoops of alternating flavors, each flavor of batter dropped into the center of the previous circle of batter. The batter is thin enough that it does not take long at all for the batter to spread out a little bit.
5. Ready for the oven!
6. Let it cool
7. Cut a slice of cake, and Ta-Da!